Residential Moving & Storage Cape Cod
Help make the entire moving process much smoother by taking advantage of simple ideas for household packing that will get you organized and help you stay organized in your new home. We could all use with a bit more organization in our daily lives. A place for everything and everything in its place sounds like a good idea, but it’s hard to enforce – even on yourself – when you are drowning in clutter. Packing supplies and services from your moving company will help, but when it comes right down to it, you need to do the sorting and the packing if you want it done right.
Residential Storage in Massachusetts
A quick word about using storage from moving companies in Bourne, MA and the surrounding area. Plymouth Rock Moving & Storage has several options available to help facilitate your move. Ahead of your primary move, which will include all of your furniture, clothing and personal items that you use each and every day, it is becoming very popular to use storage options to get a head start by packing up things that won’t be used until after the move is complete.
Some of the items that are perfect for pre-move storage include:
- holiday decorations
- seasonal clothing and outdoor gear
- old toys, furniture, clothing and things that you aren’t currently using
- family photo albums, picture frames, collectible items and knick-knacks
Many real estate agents recommend portable storage and warehouse storage solutions in conjunction with moving plans made through Cape Cod household moving companies. Moving out excess furniture, personal items, artwork and other things that make a home look cluttered can help it to sell faster and sometimes even fetch a better price. Speak with your real estate agent to find out if this might be beneficial to you. If you aren’t selling or already sold, you might still want to use residential storage in Massachusetts to start getting things ready, especially if you haven’t moved in a long time and have accumulated a lot of stuff.
Simple Solutions for Smarter Packing
As the saying goes, you need to work smarter, not harder. The same goes with packing for household moves with moving companies in Bourne, MA and beyond. Don’t just toss everything into a cardboard box and hope everything makes it to your new home in one piece. Use packing supplies and services from the moving company to help pack everything more effectively and efficiently to help protect your belongings. Special boxes for special items, such as flat-panel televisions and other electronic devices, as well as packing materials, like packing peanuts, packing paper, bubble wrap, and tissue paper, should also be used to help protect your things.
Some additional simple solutions for smarter packing include:
- use what you’ve got – pack clothes inside of suitcases, put small kitchen items like spices or service tools inside of pots and pans, just use every bit of the space you have to pack things up for easier unpacking at the new place
- label everything – make sure to mark what room each box you pack will go to with a wide permanent marker; write what is IN each box on top of each box for easier location; nobody wants to be opening every box to find a specific thing during the move
- make lists and check them twice – creating lists for all of the things that you have to do and then checking them off once you have them done is a great way to stay on top of moving plans made with Cape Cod household moving companies whether you decide to use residential storage in Massachusetts or not
- use plastic zip bags for protection – when you pack up your personal toiletry items, like shampoo, lotion, and toothpaste that you will bring with you in your vehicle, make sure to use zip bags to protect the rest of your things from spills
- roll your clothes for packing – when you start packing your clothes, roll them up military style to keep them neat and in place; not only will this save room for more things to be packed, but it will also make sure they are ready to wear when you reach your destination
Organize Your Move with Plymouth Rock Moving & Storage
If you are planning a residential move or need to use residential storage in Massachusetts, you can count on quality Cape Cod household moving companies like Plymouth Rock Moving & Storage to facilitate your move. Make sure to get all of the packing supplies and services you need to help make your experience with moving companies in Bourne, MA and the surrounding area a breeze. Call Plymouth Rock Moving & Storage at 1-800-340-0995 to get a FREE estimate on planning your next move or to get more information on our storage opportunities.